Network Innovations is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors (hereinafter, the “Site“).
This policy sets out how we will treat your personal data and information.
Network Innovations has its headquarters in Canada. Information we collect from you will be processed in Canada and the United States. Canada has sought a finding of ‘adequacy’ from the European Union and the EU recognized Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) as providing adequate protection.
The United States has not sought nor received a finding of ‘adequacy’ from the European Union under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). And Network Innovations relies on derogations for specific situations as set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR. In particular, Network Innovations collects and transfers personal information to the U.S. only a) to perform a contract with you; or b) to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of Network Innovations in a manner that does not outweigh your rights.
You expressly agree to such transfer of personal information which is a condition for your use of this Site.
We do not engage in advertising, selling of personal information to third parties, or other such activities that use personal information for anything beyond provisioning of our products and service. Protecting your personal information is a priority for us.
(1) TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
You can browse the Site without registering with us or creating an online account. However, we collect information from the users of the Site at several different points. For example, we collect and/or request information when a user:
- Places an order
- Registers on the Site
- Requests notification of an order status
- Participates in an online sweepstakes or survey
- Requests a product or service catalog or other information
- Submits an E-mail
In order to fulfill the requests of Site users in the above instances, the user may be requested to provide, and we may collect personal information about you.
- Information we collect when you register:
- Your first and last name;
- Your telephone number;
- Email address;
- Job function;
- Job title;
- Organization name and size; location; and
- Whether or not you are acting on behalf of a current customer.
- Information we collect when you place an order:
- In addition to the above, your credit card information may be collected.
We use a credit card processing company to bill purchasers of products and services from the Site and depending upon the products and services being ordered and where they are being shipped, we may also use outside suppliers and/or delivery companies to assist us in fulfilling and delivering orders. We share with them the information necessary to enable such card processing, fulfillment, and delivery of products (i.e. name, address, and as appropriate, payment information).
- In addition to the above, your credit card information may be collected.
- Information we collect when we obtain online feedback from you:
- Your name;
- Online contact information; and
- Any other personal information that you choose to provide in the context of obtaining online feedback from you.
- Information that we may collect when you apply online via the Site for employment:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your phone number;
- Your email address;
- Job preferences, experience, desired salary, relocation preferences;
- Work authorization, security clearance;
- Education, job skills and other information contained on your resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
- Network Innovations uses such information solely for consideration of your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you and to generate related correspondence, including offer letters and employment agreements. Such information may also be used, subject to applicable local laws, to conduct necessary background checks for compliance and other employment related purposes.
- Information we may obtain from other sources:
- Updated business address information;
- Purchase history;
- Demographic information; and
- Credit information about customers, vendors or business partners from credit reference agencies.
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. It is generated by a web server (which is basically the computer that operates a website) and can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tells a website when the user has returned.
Our cookies can't harm your computer and we don't store any personally identifiable information about you on any of our cookies.
This Site uses two types of cookies: cookies set by Network Innovations and cookies set by third parties (i.e. other websites or services).
Network Innovations' cookies enable us to keep you signed into your account throughout your visit and to tailor the information displayed on the Site to your preferences. These are strictly necessary cookies and are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the Site. These cookies don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
Cookies set by third parties are cookies linked to services provided by third parties, such as ‘Like’ buttons and ‘Share’ buttons. A third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our Site. An example of this includes a link to social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram that may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites. All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may use the third parties' own tools to prevent these cookies.
If you would like more information about the cookies we use please contact us.
(3) PURPOSE FOR WHICH INFORMATION IS COLLECTED AND USED
We collect information:
- To provide Network Innovations' products and services based on your location
- To send you an account confirmation
- To personalize your experience
- To respond to customer service requests
- To administer your account
- To respond to your questions and concerns
- To identify you when you submit or share your content
We may use your information to:
- Administer the Site;
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the Site;
- Send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have requested or consented to receiving such;
- Send you our marketing communications which we think may be of interest to you where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications); and
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Site
We may combine the data you provide with other users' data, and we may share it with third parties in aggregated form as long as no personally identifiable information is included.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
(4) YOUR CHOICE
If at any time you decide you do not want us to retain any personal information we collected from you when you registered on our Site, or otherwise collected about you from others, you may request we delete your information. Of course, once we delete your information you will no longer be registered with us and you will not have access to the services that are only available through registration.
Note: Even if you are not registered with us, we collect Navigation and click-stream data, HTTP protocol elements and search term data, which help us to optimize the browsing experience. This data is not personally identifiable if you are not registered on the Site.
The users of the Site are always given the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having their information used for purposes not directly related to the Site at the point at which we ask for the information or when they receive an online requested promotional communication.
For example, our e-mail messages have an “unsubscribe” feature for users of the Site who don't want to be notified about special offers in the future. Users can simply ‘click’ on the “unsubscribe” button.
Further, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from Network Innovations. To opt out of receiving marketing communications please send an opt out email to Marketing@networkinnovations.com. Please note that, by opting out, you acknowledge and agree that you will not receive emails concerning promotions, campaigns, new products, upgrades and enhancements to Network Innovations products. However, we will continue to send you services-related (non-marketing) communications in connection with the administration of your account and products or services that you have requested from Network Innovations.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; or
- To protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or reduce credit risk
Network Innovations is committed to protecting the information you provide to us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we will take reasonable technical precautions and employ physical, technical and administrative processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect. And strong precautions are taken to protect the information of the users of our Site. When users submit sensitive information via the Site, we will take reasonable technical precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information so as to ensure that information is protected both online and off-line.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL/TLS technology.
However, please note that data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used other than by the intended recipient. As such, whilst we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our contractual and legal rights.
(8) UPDATING INFORMATION
Please contact us if your personal information which we hold needs to be corrected or updated.